Thursday, September 2, 2010

Limiting Information Creates Intrigue

Yesterday I was going through my weekend clean up activities (not home cleaning - i generally clean my laptop during the weekend, put notes in proper folders or garbage bin so that Monday my desktop is neat) and found this in one of the stickies - "Limiting Information Creates Intrigue ". This seems to be a very interesting note - something similar to what I generally say - Don't be so transperant that you are naked. I started googling and found this seemingly interesting title In Pursuit of Elegance by Matthew May. The Book talk about why the best ideas have something missing. Author derives elegance from four key elements - Symmetry, Seduction, Subtraction, Sustainability and says "In fact, the elements of elegance can easily conflict with one another. That’s what makes it so difficult to achieve. ... It takes a blend of logic and creativity to understand how to balance the four." Obviously I have not read the book - have you? If so send pass me some thoughts.
summary .

No comments:

Post a Comment